[ODE] looks like i am moving on

Nate W coding at natew.com
Wed Jan 22 16:30:02 2003

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Michael Powers wrote:

> hey everyone - ODE seems to be great for vehicle
> effects but, after two weeks of working on simple box
> stacking (in a stable 3d engine, not doing anything
> fancy) i am not any closer to having a stable
> simulation [...]

Did you get my last message?  For a simple box stacking simulation, you
shouldn't need to use any of the euler math or "rotate" functions you
mentioned earlier.  If you're getting unexpected spinning, I'd almost bet
that it's coming from that code.

ODE can *definitely* handle box stacking... I know it's frustrating
getting started with ODE (went through that myself) but it really does
work.

--

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA