[ODE] jitter again

Nate W coding at natew.com
Sat Jan 18 00:41:02 2003

On Sat, 18 Jan 2003, Chris Brodie wrote:

> Not that it helps you but I have similar problems with my own buggies,
> though not boxes. My buggies jitter on the floor until they flip,
> followed 10 mins later by is blasting in to light speed. Occationally
> they dance around like ballarina's spinning on a single wheel. Fun but
> not the point of the simulation :)

What is your CFM?  If it's too stiff, you can get jitter.  Try using a
value 10x or 100x greater than what you're using now.  Stuff I've done in
my app usually uses a CFM around 0.001... 0.01 gets spongy, 0.00001 is
usually jittery.

I have always left ERP at 1.0, but you could also try reducing that to
combat jitter.

Your callback code looks reasonable to me.

--

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA