[ODE] re: ODE collision

Michael Powers popomatix at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 13 13:06:01 2003

That is right - I just started working with ODE and
the setup is straight forward. So you just make a body
for each object you want to include in the simulation
- then you make geoms for each body and attach them to
the body objects - then you add and geoms for
immovable objects like a ground plane so things don't
fall through the floor

i found the buggy demo to be the most helpful to me as
a template to follow - then i just had to change a
routine called nearCallback that manages the contacts
when things collide to handle my kind of objects
(falling blocks instead of a car simulation in my
case)

feel free to write if you want code samples

good luck