[ODE] ODE moved to source forge

Russ Smith russ at q12.org
Sat Jan 11 22:24:01 2003

ODE has (finally) moved to source force:

* the CVS repository has been moved, the old one on q12 will by disabled
  soon. for those of you who run "cvs update" to get the latest code,
  you'll need to re-check-out ODE from the new repository location.

* the file releases have been moved.

* the web pages have been moved, and all links on my q12.org web site
  will soon be updated. BUT NOTE! the "official" web link for ODE is
  still http://q12.org/ode/, which will now redirect you to the new
  site. in fact all ODE-related links to q12 will be automatically
  redirected to sourceforge now.

* the mailing list, search and wiki will stay on q12.org for the time
  being.

* i'll make a 0.035 file release soon. this will basically just be a
  snapshot of the current CVS archive, as i don't have time for any more
  features right now.

let me know if there are any problems/issue with the transition (or even
spelling mistakes, whatever).

note that there are sourceforge forums for ODE, but i don't check them
right now (although ODE users are welcome to use them). there is also a
sourceforge bug tracking system that i'm not currently using, i think
bugs are better emailed to the mailing list with a subject like "bug
found in ODE".

and finally, a big thankyou to anselm hook for hosting ODE on his
servers for the last 2 years! hopefully this move should reduce the load
on q12...

russ.

--
Russell Smith