[ODE] search and old questions

Michael Powers popomatix at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 3 03:59:02 2003

the search engine is nice - i might suggest
http://www.atomz.com as a free search application that
does what google does but YOU have control of how
often the pages get indexed and can tell it which
sections not to search - i have been using this for
years

second - here is an example of why i would like a
forum - i asked two technical questions - they
appeared in the digest two days ago - i have not
received any kind of reply to them and now they are
buried in the archives - from experience this is much
less likely to happen in a forum because you see all
the topics so things persist a bit longer

but i understand - many dev projects live and die on
email lists - so we will live with a search engine
which is a great addition - and maybe somebody can dig
out and answer my newbie questions ;)

1) how do i get out an old version of ODE (and what is
that last semi-stable version - if its the current one
then great)

2) if i run with just the body updates my blocks seem
to fall to the ground correctly - when i switch on the
collision checker all of a sudden my blocks fall super
fast - i am using the same code from the falling
blocks demo file in nearCallback (also tried the one
from buggy and the one from monster may=hem - the same
things happens)

3) how do i make a position a Box geom that i want to
use as a ground plane - since geoms dont have position
yet i need this box to be under everything??

thanks!