[ODE] Constraint theorizing

Adam D. Moss aspirin at ntlworld.com
Sun Feb 23 09:28:01 2003

Henri Hakl wrote:
> Hmmm... I think you are right there.
>
> However, I then still find it disturbing that 100x100 to 500x500 matrices
> actually come into existence in practize for systems that aren't overly
> complex.

I'm inclined to agree, but ODE still represents outstanding
value for money whichever way you slice it. :)

There were tantalizing murmurings of a future iterative solution
requiring significantly less space and somewhat less time.  ODE's
steady but near-glacial development history indicates that it's not
a good idea to hold your breath waiting for any features that
you aren't willing to implement yourself though... that's just
how it is, AFAICT, due to the maintainer's limited time;
WYSIWYG, and a lot of developers using ODE have to learn not to
expect more than that unless they want to get their hands
dirty themselves.

--Adam
--
Adam D. Moss   . ,,^^   adam@gimp.org   http://www.foxbox.org/   co:3