[ODE] XML

skjold@cistron.nl skjold at cistron.nl
Wed Feb 19 03:15:01 2003

Chris Brodie wrote:

> I completly discount the use of c# for cross platform use, unless someone in the know can tell me if it can compile on to all of ODE's destination platforms.

No, to the best of my knowledge C# can only be compiled to the .NET platform, which is of course Windows-only. I think that there are 3rd-party attempts to create at least a partially functional .NET-framework implementation for other OS-es, but given how C# (and .NET as a whole) is essentially MS-propriety, I wouldn't think it's worth relying on it for any cross-platform development.

Greets,
Mark