[ODE] dCylinder bugs?

Olivier Michel Olivier.Michel at cyberbotics.com
Wed Feb 19 01:44:02 2003

Michael Bailey wrote:

>>>I also noticed this problem with Cylinder/Cylinder collision, but I had
>>>no time to investigate until now...
>>>

>If possible I'd like to help.
>
>Our application is a Game Engine and a 3D Modeler.  We have a bunch of
>collision code ourselves.  Since we have an API for interfacing with games
>we have a little program for testing collision code by dragging 3D objects
>trough each other, you can move, rotate, and change the objects and see
>where the collision occur.
>
>I'd be willing to let you download our modeler and supply you with the test
>application.  For all the collision code I've written it *really* helped.
>
>Any interest?

Thank you for your offer. We also have such a tool, for placing
geometries with a mouse drag interface for translating and rotating
objects. What I currently miss is time... :(. Moreover, I didn't wrote
the dCylinder code, so I first have to understand it first, then try to
locate the bug and eventually try to fix it... Any help for locating the
bug in the code would be greatly appreciated.

-Olivier