[ODE] XML

Chris Brodie Chris.Brodie at macquarie.com
Tue Feb 18 21:09:02 2003

> From: Nate W [mailto:coding@natew.com]
> The more I think about it, the more I think it's best treated
> completely
> separately.  There will likely be as many control systems as projects
> (perhaps more), and each would require its own file format.  And then
> there's the fact that end users are likely to have their own
> preferences
> for stuff like joystick mappings.

Yep, my point was more along the lines of having a control point for say turning the steering wheel on a car, a factor of 'left' is applied or 'right'. Not so much the actual mappings to devices like mouse\keyboard etc. But yes, seperate might be the way to go, it'll make it harder to map a function to a certain node however(imagien applying power to a certain wheel in a limited slip diff 4wd. What wheel are you looking for? This kind of stuf is a bit harder. It makes the main interfaces more pure towards ODE's goals however, and thats a good thing. Nates probably correct...

I'd still like some sembelence of a standard for control interface mapping however, I'd like to design in juice and put the vehicles in my apps! Even if it is in another file.

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright material of Macquarie Bank or third parties. If you are not the intended recipient of this email you should not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and should destroy all copies of them. Macquarie Bank does not guarantee the integrity of any emails or any attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and may not reflect the views or opinions of Macquarie Bank.