[ODE] Steering A Vehicle (AMotors)

Jeff Weber jeffreyweber at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 17 15:29:01 2003

For those who've created vehicles using ODE, i'm looking for information on
how you implemented the steering system.

I will have vehicles that are AI controlled and vehicles controlled by a
Sidewinder Wheel (or some other wheel).  I've been looking thru the AMotor
documetation trying to figure out what approach to take and thought i'd see
what others are doing.

I think i'd like to controll wheel/steering angle by setting it directly.
Does the dAMotorUser mode allow me to do this?

Any tips, hints, insights are welcome.

-jeff