Re[2]: [ODE] Suggestion for List admin

Michal Bacik michal at lonelycatgames.com
Sat Feb 15 09:45:02 2003

> >I vote for that "reply" replies to the list.
>

> I concur. It is the default on every other list I subscribe to, and
> it's a nuisance to have to remember for just one.

Actually, this mailing list mimics client-server architecture (from network
programmer's point of view:), where mailing list is the server, subscribers
are clients. Why adding peer-to-peer features by sending replies to peers
rather than letting server (list) to distribute them.

I've heard about message munging first time here, and as a common internet
user, I don't care about how e-mails internally work... if they're
fulfilling the task they're intended for.

So I vote for that "reply" replies to the list (does list admin still read
this thread? :).

- mb

P.S. I had to send this message twice, because accidentally I've sent it
only to "reply-to" sender only... what an irony.