[ODE] Acceleration at specific point

Ruud van Gaal ruud at marketgraph.nl
Thu Feb 13 07:35:02 2003

Hi all,

To simulate G-forces on a motion platform, I need to obtain the acceleration
as perceived on a specific point in a body (in body coordinates). Actually,
I need both the linear acceleration (m/sē) and angular acceleration
(rad/sē).

Is there a kind of feedback mechanism that can tell me these figures?
(or would just recording current and previous velocity and angular velocity
be good enough, so a=(prevVel-curVel)/dt ?)

Currently, I take the linear forces and divide by the object's mass. As the
inertia tensor doesn't have equal values for X, Y and Z though, this is
probably an oversimplification.

Thanks,
Ruud