[ODE] Multi-threaded ODE?

whitt013 whitt013 at bama.ua.edu
Thu Feb 13 07:25:02 2003

Whoops, I just realized I sent this directly to Mark instead of to the list.
So has anyone else tried using ODE to simulate separate worlds simultaneously
in separate threads?  I'm trying to get to the multi-threading stuff tonight,
so I'll let you know how it turns out.  (otherwise it will be next week).

David

>===== Original Message From <skjold@cistron.nl> =====
>I hope someone else can give you a more complete answer about that, because I
really don't know whether ODE is reentrant at all. I don't think ODE is
thread-safe, but it's possible that there is no harm in concurrent use of the
library as long as each simultaneous call operates on a strictly separate
world. But in truth, I really don't know.