[ODE] Framerate problem *again*

Marco Bancale F104 at softhome.net
Wed Feb 12 09:30:02 2003

Hi Mark (omonimous? :)) !

[cut]

> At least, this was my theory :o) but I tried this and it only resulted > in the rigid bodies to jerk around incoherently (it became worse the
> more dWorldSteps I did per timespan). So I decided not to do that
> anymore. Anyway, that's a long story for a small conclusion :P But I
> thought maybe it would shed some light on the subject. If anyone knows > why my reasoning is wrong, I'd be happy to hear about it.

Hmmm... very interesting! Now I think your reasoning could be right!
I'll make some experiment with keeping or not contact joints between
multiple calls to dWorldStep().

The big bug is now FIXED!!! :))
Sure, it was only my fault because my Nearcallback became so complex
that I couldn't understand it myself :)
Now the game runs fine, with no multiple collision detections (yeah,
ODE DOES multiple collision detecions, but I don't care :) ).

> Come to think of it: Could it be that your "frame of the missing > collision" is a call to dWorldStep without a preceding call to > dSpaceCollide? Just a wild thought.

Hmmm... How did you figure out the RIGHT answer before me and without
seeing the source code??? ;)) Yes, that was the problem. Now fixed.

> Maybe you could post the code of your callback?

Thank you for your very useful help, but now all is ok! :)

As I told you, I'll make some trying with keeping contact joints and
I'll inform you about new behaviors.

	Bye Bye
	Marco