[ODE] Avoiding torque

Marco Bancale F104 at softhome.net
Fri Feb 7 08:12:01 2003

Hi!

I'm using ODE for my little game. It works fine, but I need to NOT
have the torque effect caused by bouncing.

My game is like a pool game, but I don't want balls have angular
velocity. They must move, but not rotate in any direction.

I achieved this non-physic behavior simply setting to zero the
angular velocity before every call to dWorldStep():

dBodySetAngularVel(body, 0, 0, 0);

It seems to work, but sometimes the ball, after some bouncing with
walls, has a little bit of torque again.

Is this the right way to avoid torque? Or is there another "right way"?

Thank you!

	Bye Bye
	Marco