[ODE] no box/trimesh collision, Unix only

Jani Laakso jani.laakso at itmill.com
Tue Dec 30 14:21:57 MST 2003

Reading messages with subject (no box/trimesh collision, Unix only) I'd
like to add our experiences to this thread.

CVS head (dated 30.12.2003):
Everything works good under Windows platform.
TriMesh/Box problems under Linux platform. If OPCODE optimization is set
to 2 (no contact at all), 1 (partial contact) or 0 (full contact). GCC
used 3.2.2.

Strange crashes under linux, reinstalling library helps (or reboot),
this might be application problem (not ODE) but has anyone else
experimented any strange crashes with current CVS head?

I assume it is best to stick with ODE release (0.39) or does this have
any special problems with TriMesh?

By the way, if ODE release 0.39 did work good with GCC 3.2.2 and current
CVS head does not, does anyone know what CVS change made this problem to
current development CVS?

--
Jani Laakso / IT Mill Ltd | Tel. +358 40 5898086 | http://www.itmill.com