[ODE] spheres and boxes not colliding

Vrej Melkonian vmelkon at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 15 10:19:07 MST 2003

Hi everyone,

I downloaded 0.039 and compiled with VC++6

Running the box stack test
(look at the image under 8 May 2001
http://opende.sourceforge.net/news.html)

I get a lot of boxes that penetrate each other and the
same happens for the other objects (sphere,
CappedCylinder).

The compound objects just fall through the floor and
eventually, the console gets messages of zero length
vector in odemath.cpp

I wrote my own test case with just boxes and spheres.
The boxes act as walls in a room and the spheres are
just balls rolling around. The spheres just pass
though the walls 100% of the time.

Is this normal, or maybe I screwed up the code when I
made minor changes so that I could compile ODE as a VC
project.

PS: are there SSE optimizations in this version of ODE
0.039?

Tx