[ODE] Tri-Mesh indices not working

Rob Ruck bobruck at btinternet.com
Mon Dec 8 23:57:06 MST 2003

After changing my own mesh stuff over to indices based, I had to change over
the mesh importer for the ode tri mesh. Unfortunately, if I make use of the
same indices data, the mesh is not collidable at all (I checked I wasn't
somehow feeding the verts in the wrong wise order and reversing the normal).
But, if I use the vert references indirectly by creating a vert list and indices list
of the same length and using 1,2,3,4,5,etc. as the vert indexes, it works with
the same aforementioned non-working data.

Now I'm more or less positive that I'm doing something wrong, but no idea
what, so is there any general problem that people encounter when using
indices (order, allignment, etc.) or if this is a bug i've stumbled on to and
neglected to notice it documented anywhere else ?

TIA

--
Rob Ruck
mailto:bobruck at btinternet.com