[ODE] How to install ODE 0.039 under MS Visual C++ 6? The instructions in the guide don't work for me

Manohar B.S sciphilog at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 3 03:17:38 MST 2003

Hey, It's quite simple: follow the instructions.

 goto the folder where ode.dsw is present. double
click. now you will see VC++ IDE. now go to
'Tools/Options' in the main menu. click it.
 Now click on 'Directories' tab. now click on the
empty space at the bottom where you can browse for the
include directory which will be some thing like this
 "C:\ODE-0.039\INCLUDE"
 Then click on the combo box to the right and select
l'library files' and again add the folder location,
this should look some thing like this
 "C:\ODE-0.039\LIB"

 You have to copy config-double.h to ode/include as
config.h

 first build drawstuff.lib, then build ode.lib (debbug
and release) and then build the test applications.

After this close this box, and then click build. now
things should get compiled. note that ode.dsw is a
porject of porjects. so activate 'Test_buggy_files'
project by right clicking on it and selecting the
same.

 now compile and run

huh
 Manohar