[ODE] Rigid Body Dynamics Dissertation

Adam D. Moss adam at gimp.org
Wed Dec 3 09:59:11 MST 2003

Roel van Dijk wrote:
> Also, sinds your simulation whill probably contain a lot of objects I
> recommend using the dWorldStepFast1 function. These will give a huge speed
> boost over the normal dWordStep function. I managed to stack 400 boxes before
> the simulation got sloppy.

That's interesting.  I'm also using StepFast and I can rarely stack
15 regular cubes squarely atop each other without them slowly oozing
into wonkiness and falling over within about ten seconds.  Could
you share what parameters you used for stacking hundreds of boxes
(friction, etc), what mass they had, length of timestep, number
of iterations, etc?

Thanks,
--Adam
--