[ODE] Newbie question - my sphere's position occasionally goes to -1#IND000.

Thomas Grimes striiideerr at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 28 17:54:02 2003

Alright I had similar problem before so maybe I can help. First you can try
increasing the mass of the sphere to some large amount. If that doesn't
work, then maybe this is more similar to my problem. What I had was in the
NearCallback function, I had the dContactSoftCFM flag specified in
contact[i].surface.mode and in the contact[i].surface.soft_cfm field I had
it set to 0.0. I noticed if you do that, you will get problems with things
wanting to dissapear. I had it set to 0 b/c I didn't like the effect of
soft_cfm for my particular simulation. What I did to fix it was just remove
the dContactSoftCFM flag and the soft_cfm line of code and it solved my
problem. What soft_cfm wants is a non-zero number. I don't know what happens
if you put in a negative number though, never tried that. Anyway, just know
never to set surface.soft_cfm to 0. :)

Help protect your PC: Get a free online virus scan at McAfee.com.