[ODE] More news on the crash problem

Erwin de Vries erwin at vo.com
Thu Aug 28 09:05:02 2003

> And here.. you can see two contact points with..
> guess what? an invalid NaN normal.
>
> I have honnestly no idea how the collision functions can
> generate a contact point with invalid normal...?

This looks interesting. If i see it correctly there is absolutely no
geometry near the generated contacts, right?

> Does anybody have an idea? I don't want to loose my time
> debugging code that isn't even mine.. is it a known bug,
> or should i investigate further?
>
> Note that the bug happens "rarely", but since i logged the
> exact position, velocities, orientations when this happens,
> i'm now able to replicate it 100% of the time with a single
> debug key.

I'm not sure what the problem might be. If you're able to replicate it
instantly it should be quite easy to find out what line in the collision
function causes the wrong contacts.

> Any suggestion is welcome.

Well. i started working on a replacement for the current box-collision
function today, but i dont know when i will release it. Might be soon, might
not be so soon.

Erwin