Re[2]: [ODE] Box v. Trimesh, Fishy or Insane?

Nguyen Binh Nguyen Binh <ngbinh at glassegg.com>
Sun Aug 24 20:08:01 2003

FB> No. I was under the impression faststep was a version
FB> optimize for speed. I have no performance problem right
FB> now, just instabilities and collision problems, so i'm
FB> just using dWorldStep. I didn't modify the stack size
FB> either; if it crashes due to the stack size, the problem
FB> is likely elsewhere.

    Could you send me a code sample that use StepFast with
    instabilities?

FB> I have found the cause of the crash though. As i suspected
FB> it's related to the fact i have a car getting stuck into
FB> the ground. This at some time probably generates some
FB> kind of "infinite" impulse response, and on the next
FB> frame, the position of my object is "not-a-number". I
FB> haven't investigated more yet.

    Your description looks exactly like a stiff problem. If yes, you
    should avoid the 'cause' (have a car getting stuck into
     the ground) or wait for someone work on an explicit integrator on
     ODE.

     I've read somewhere inn the archives about how to implement
     explicit integerator on ODE.Have anyone tried to do that?

--
Best regards,

   Nguyen Binh
   Software Engineer