[ODE] CVS + OpCode buggy?

Max Bane bane at uchicago.edu
Tue Aug 19 07:36:01 2003

Quoting Roel van Dijk <roelvandijk@home.nl>:

> Did you also compile OPCODE? Enabling opcode only means that ODE will use
> opcode but it won't compile OPCODE.
> Just 'cd' to the opcode dir and run 'make'.

Yep, I've compiled OPCODE. I have since downloaded the latest stable 0.039 to
try that out, but the problem persists. test_crash always segfaults when I try
to switch to stepfast both with and without OPCODE compiled in. however, the
stable version no longer seems to have problems with test_ode, and it doesn't
force you to use single precision with OPCODE the way the cvs does. As far as
test_crash goes, I'm really not sure what the deal is. Consistently, it starts
up, i press 'f', and boom - segfault. Getting rid of OPCODE doesn't seem to
make any difference. However, I haven't yet tried writing any ode code of my
own to see if the stepfast problem persists. Kind of discouraging right off the
bat, though :(