[ODE] How to add a space to a space?

Adam Paul Coates acoates at stanford.edu
Wed Aug 13 16:56:02 2003

> According to gcc, a dSpaceID isn't convertable to a dGeomID, so
> how to I add a space to an existing space?

gcc won't do an implicit downcast, but dSpaceAdd((dGeomID)mySpace);
works fine for me.  Anyone know if this is the "official" thing to do?  I
have a bit of gun-shyness toward this sort of thing because you can never
tell what kind of class hierarchy is lurking behind that cast :|  I
suspect the mother-approved way to do this is
dSpaceAdd(dynamic_cast<dGeomID>(mySpace)); but I might be mistaken on my
casting there.

Adam C.