[ODE] vanishing objects and clearing all objects

Thomas Grimes striiideerr at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 5 11:30:01 2003

Well I figured out what it was. In my NearCallback function I had the
dContactSoftCFM flag specified in the mode member and I had the soft_cfm
member set to 0. I don't know why but that causes objects to vanish when
there are three or more laying on each other. I did have the soft_cfm member
set to 0.01 at first but I didn't like the effect I was getting. The boxes
would not only penetrate themselfs, but it would penetrate and sink through
the ground plane. Plus they woud bounce way too much so I set that to 0 not
knowing it would give me problems. So now that I took the dContactSoftCFM
flag away and deleted the contact[i].surface.soft_cfm line it works fine
now.

I'd like to thank everyone for their help and input.