[ODE] fixed joints

Roel van Dijk roelvandijk at home.nl
Sun Aug 3 15:13:02 2003

On Tuesday 29 July 2003 23:00, Martin C. Martin wrote:
> The best use I can see for fixed joints is when two objects that are fixed
> to each other become separated, like explosive bolts on spacecraft.  It
> might be a lot easier to use a fixed joint for the bolt in that case,
> although you could always get the same effect by destroying the single
> body and creating two others.  It's more coding work, but better run time
> performance before the split.
>
> - Martin
Fixed joints would be really nice for my breakable joints contribution. You
could for instance create a building made of bodies and geoms attached with
fixed geoms and then destroy it by driving a car into it or something like
that. But I agree that in most other cases fixed geoms are not absolutely
necessary.

Roel