[ODE] Found my LCP solver replacement bug

Adam D. Moss aspirin at ntlworld.com
Thu Apr 24 12:07:01 2003

David Whittaker wrote:
 > boxes sitting in the middle of nowhere all alone are rocking back
> and forth enough so that they never get disabled (with either LCP method).
>  So it happens even with auto-disabling disabled.  I'll have to reanalyze
> an older codebase (the one on my website - where I thought I had removed
> most of the jitter problems) to see if the same behavior is apparent, or
> if there's something I changed in the meantime.  I'm really hoping it
> doesn't descend to the point where I have to do collision detection
> between iterations.  I still have a few tricks to try before I go that
> far.

I liked Antonio's suggestion for solving multiple contacts joints
between the same two bodies simultaneously instead of individually,
so at least they're working in unison.  Probably just solving them
in sets of up-to-three would be enough.  But it's easy for me to
like ideas that I don't have to implement. ;)

--
Adam D. Moss   . ,,^^   adam@gimp.org   http://www.foxbox.org/   co:3
Bereaved relatives are not amused