[ODE] -question on BSD license

Serge Kourdakov serge at sat-sim.org
Tue Apr 22 07:20:51 2003

Hi again

I was asking

>Could you confirm that there will not be license probs to us  ( as ODE as
well is licensed under LGPL and possibly there might be some  issues) if we

>1) retain original BSD license text with our  game distribution  (but one
license - BSD  and   we will not include  LGPL license) and we cleary give
>credits to original authors.
>2) have linked binary of ODE which we might tweak in interfaces to meat our
specific needs or tweak for specific compiler..

this doesn't mean that I will not try to contribute to ODE ( if only I
manage to develop something really valuable to add )
but it is just matter of fact- if it is really OK to have binary distro only
just with inclusion of  BSD license and initial author copyright notice.

You know... after reading too many  disccussions on OpenSource just insticts
ask to re check the issue.

and as new  project will cost us money I just wish to know before hand that
things would be OK after we end it.
sorry that I ask this question second time - but I checked archives - no one
discussed the issues in all details.
and possibly it will be OK to have such in archives :)

Regards
Serge