[ODE] BSP and ODE's collision system

Mohammad Bilal prettyh8machine at mail.com
Sun Apr 20 22:25:02 2003

Hi,
I was just wondering how would you use ODE's collision system alongside with binary space partitioned geometries. What I understood is that ODE needs to get all the geometry (heirarchically or otherwise) and maintains a collision space. Everytime you're about to draw, you check the collision etc. While drawing with BSP involves only finding the node you're in and then after calculating some regular visibility tests, you just draw what's needed. Since BSPs are precompiled, how would you create a collision space at the load time of your program manually, in the first place ? Any thoughts ?

Bilal
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup