[ODE] Reseting World Params

David Whittaker david at csworkbench.com
Mon Apr 14 14:49:02 2003

It's the standard C random number generator... rand and srand. (I know
it's not great, but all I need is a different order each step, not
necessarily a statistically perfect distribution).  You should be able to
reseed it before the first step and get the same results, but Rob is doing
some evolutionary programming, so he'd have to be sure that no rand()
calls were made during the simulation (or that the same number happened
each time) for outside stuff.  Since randomizing the joint order shouldn't
make that big of a difference for smaller systems, I just suggested
turning it off.

David