[ODE] spaces have bounding boxes?

Fig TaTam fig_tatam at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 13 02:08:02 2003

ODE's manual contains this paragraph:

"To speed up collision a separate space is created to represent each car.
The car geoms are inserted into the car-spaces, and the car-spaces are
inserted into the top level space. At each time step dSpaceCollide() is
called for the top level space. This will do a single intersection test
between the car-spaces (actually between their bounding boxes) and call the
callback if they touch. The callback can then test the geoms in the
car-spaces against each other using dSpaceCollide2(). If the cars are not
near each other then the callback is not called and no time is wasted
performing unnecessary tests."

This implies that spaces have bounding boxes and position in world
coordinates. I don't see any functions that allow me to specify position and
bounding box of spaces. So how does it work?