[ODE] complex surfaces?

david@csworkbench.com david at csworkbench.com
Wed Apr 2 00:25:01 2003

You have 2 choices here.  For the general case, there's the tri-collider
in the contrib directory.  It uses OPCODE to do the collision and then
converts it's output to ODE contacts.  Then, and this would probably work
better for your app, there's a heightfield collider in the works.  I'm not
sure what the status is on that project.

Also, there was a dxTriangle class released recently, but it seems like it
was more of a tutorial or reference on implementing your own collision
class, which is yet another option.  Finally, you don't have to use ODE's
collision system at all.  The collision system in ODE is actually a
completely separate entity that exists for the sole purpose of filling in
contact joints before every timestep.  If you want to fill in your own
contact joints without ever calling dCollide, that is completely up to
you.

David