[ODE] Converting to Delphi

Mattias Fagerlund mattias at cambrianlabs.com
Wed Sep 18 01:41:01 2002

Hi!

I recently imported the ODE DLL to Delphi, but I'm having problems
converting a few of the demos. Perhaps you can help me out;

* When I convert test_i.c to delphi, the error is large (0.1), not at all
in the 1e-4 to 1e-5 range as specified in the file. If I reduce the
number of boxes to two, the error is even larger, in the 1 range. It
turns and looks fine though. Any tips on what could cause that? I even
tried converting the demo two separate times, to make sure it wasn't a
simple type, but it still came out with the same exact error.

Does the c version give errors in the 1e-4 to 1e-5 range? (the DLL I use
is from CSV files about a month old)

* When I convert the slider example to delphi, it wiggles like crazy.
Both parts keep bouncing up and down, trying to center. But it seems that
since there's no damping on the centering spring, it will never slow
down. Is this behaviour also present in the C version of the demo, or is
there a bug in my delphi conversion? I added a damping force to the
spring, and things look much better.

* How can I access dInfinity and dInfinityValue from the DLL? Any ideas?

(if you're curious at the Delphi import, it's _temporarily_ located at
http://www.cambrianlabs.com/DelphiODE.zip

cheers,
mattias fagerlund