SV: [ODE] more physics

alex hamilton ahamilton_01 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 31 15:29:02 2002

>Costs in what way? It does say memory usage and how much of
>the cpu per frame the physics system takes. What other costs
>are there?

I think Russ mean cost for licensing it for use in games.

>Yes, seems like the objects sleep VERY quickly. After just a few
>tries I manage to get it to sleep in a physicly impossible position.
>(If the simulation had run for just a few ticks more the boxes
>would have fallen over) but they quickly froze in place.

Indeed, but in a game, if that means an a few extra stacks for the game
designer, I think that's a fair trade.

>Also is it just me or do the chain and hinge behave strangly?
>If you continue to force it upwards it starts to wobble. Like
>a snake or something. Maybe it's just me and thats how it
>should behave.

Both of the long chains do seem a bit elastic when you lift them up for a
while. Also the hinge chains looks abit rubbery when it fall onto itself.
Perhaps that's an artifact of this 'iterative' method.

Al