[ODE] "fixed world point" joint

Russ Smith russ at q12.org
Tue Oct 29 17:12:02 2002

> How can I constrain (through a ball joint) a
> physically simulated body to another body that is NOT
> under physical simulation

ideally, there should be a new joint that constrains a point on a body to
move at a certain global velocity. you could compute this velocity based
on the motion you desire. this joint is easy to create - in fact it's
quite similar to the existing ball joint - but i have so much other stuff
on my ODE todo list right now. any volunteers?

other approaches (e.g. setting forces on bodies) will also work, but are
less than ideal - they require a lot of fiddling and tuning to get right,
and they never look quite right.

russ.

--
Russ Smith