[ODE] beginnersproblem with ode: stack overflow

Nate W coding at natew.com
Fri Oct 18 02:13:02 2002

With that many joints, you'll need LOTS of stack.  Juice has about 8
megabytes of stack, and I suspect that the structure you're building would
overflow Juice's stack.

With VS.Net, the linker option I'm using is /STACK:8000000 but maybe it's
/F with earlier versions?  I dunno.

Anyhow, try or 10 megs or so, then double it if your app still crashes
with a stack overflow.  Then double it again if need be, and so on until
it stops crashing.  Expect a rather slow frame rate, too... it's going to
take a lot of number crunching to make all those joints work.

If you can generate a picture of your biped, I hope you will share it.
It sounds pretty interesting. :-)