[ODE] i will speak at IndieGamesCon'02

Russ Smith russ at q12.org
Thu Oct 17 15:23:02 2002

FYI,

i will be speaking about ODE at IndieGamesCon'02 (www.indiegamescon.com),
on saturday november 2nd in eugene, oregon. i'll be talking about the
following topics:

  * ODE's application to the game industry - particularly its relevance to
    the indie game developer.
  * the technology behind ODE.
  * how/where ODE has been used.
  * pros and cons of using ODE (and other dynamics toolkits) for
    various kinds of games and VR environments. i will talk about vehicles
    at length.
  * alternatives to ODE - free and commercial.
  * the future of dynamics/simulation.
  * challenges for the [indie] game industry.
  * other interesting topics that occur to me, or that are suggested.

my presentation will be up on q12.org sometime before or after the
conference.

russ.

--
Russ Smith