Re[2]: [ODE] always diabled body

Nate W coding at natew.com
Wed Oct 9 12:03:02 2002

On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, Pierre Terdiman wrote:

> > No. But i dont see the point in creating a fixed body anyway. Just DONT
> > use a body if you dont want dynamics.
>
> That's a common thing nonetheless, say for planes. A ground plane is fixed,
> yet you want your bodies to collide with it.
>
> Or for a flag, when the cloth patch is attached to a fixed base.

Even for both of those scenarios, you could get away without creating a
rigid body.  The ground plane in my application is a Geom object, not a
body; if I wanted a flag, I'd render the pole, but I wouldn't make a body
of it (unless I wanted the pole to sway....) instead, the edge of the
cloth would just be "attached" to a set of fixed coordinates (as described
in 11.1 of the FAQ).

--

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA