[ODE] coldet and ode

Pierre Terdiman p.terdiman at wanadoo.fr
Fri Oct 4 14:24:02 2002

> I'd personally give Opcode a shot if it was more portable. (There
> doesn't seem to be an ANSI C/C++ target in the source).

Well, various people ported it to Linux and made it "more portable". On top
of my head : in the F4 engine, in The Nebula Device, in Crystal Space, in
... ODE... Some more people sent me tar.gz files with makefiles and required
changes to build Opcode "elsewhere".

I don't know if they work well since I have a Windows box, period, but I can
upload such an archive if ...  Hell, let's just do it, wait 5 mn.

Ok, done, uploaded Linux port : www.codercorner.com/Opcode.htm

Words from the author :

"This version is indeed different than those contained in F4 or ODE
because it is only a direct linux port of version 1.2 of OPCODE, it
contains nothing more, nothing less so a user does not have to deal with
F4 or ODE. It is also accompanied with a so called configure script
which automatically creates a makefile for the user's specific platform.
It's just a question of running the configure script and automake and
OPCODE is build for your platform (e.g. linux, solaris, irix etc). This
is the correct way on unix flavoured oss to spread software."

Questions about it ? Ask the author, please. (his mail is in the tar file)

> Opcode looks heavily biased towards Win32 (lots of x86 ASM VC++ stuff
> in the mix) whereas ColDet compiles on just about anything, without
> modification.

Note that there's a #define to discard the ASM, and the only relevant VC++
stuff, as far as Opcode is concerned, is "__forceinline".

Pierre