[ODE] Box-mesh collision

Niko Nevatie nnevatie at welho.com
Tue Nov 26 00:58:02 2002

Erwin, can you help me figure out what is wrong here. I tried the
newstuff.gz (Base64 encoded new tricollider code) which you had posted to
the list a while ago. I got it compiled OK. The problem is: when I tried the
box stacking test, the program would always crash after the first collision.
It seemed that the dRay.cpp was the cause of the crash. The function
dGeomRaySet uses dMatrix3 to represent a rotatation. The function fills up
the structure and tries to access element at [3 * 4 + 2], which causes an
access violation (because dMatrix3 only has 12 elements?). Otherwise I'm
using the code in ODE 0.03 release (I've tried CVS head too) + Opcode 1.2.

I would greatly appreciate if you could enlighten me on this.