[ODE] Many questions! Please help!

Nguyen Binh Nguyen Binh <ngbinh at glassegg.com>
Thu May 30 19:29:02 2002

   I'm developing my company in-house physics engine. It runs
   well till I have to deal with the "contact model". I read two
   papers of Baraff and Impulse based method of Brian Mirtich. But I
   cannot figure out what is the "best" model? Please give me some
   hints.

   A little OT : Anyone know some good Kinematic (forward or inverse)?
   I see Dynamechs use AB Forward Kinematic but I cannot find the
   paper about it.

Hey Ruud!

   I've downloaded your Racer sim latest beta(0.5 beta 2.1) and
   release (0.49). It's really fun.

   But I think Racer has problem with physics. It's quite OK when the
   car run on the road but when I try to make a jump from a passing
    bridge to the road below, the car's seems to "eplode" (in
    physics), it just spins around around in the air.

   More, I see in your code, you have two part of physics : Use ODE or
   use your own physics.I wonder what type of physics is used in Racer
   0.49 ?

--
Best regards,

   Nguyen Binh