[ODE] Problems with dBodySetFiniteRotationMode, dBodySetFiniteRotationAxis

Nate W coding at natew.com
Thu May 23 16:38:02 2002

On Thu, 23 May 2002, Dustin Reagan wrote:

> I also have asked about the use of these two functions, and gotten no
> response...Is there some joke that we're missing here? Are we just
> misguided morons?  Are we just not posing the question properly or
> providing enough information?

I doubt there's anything nefarious about the silence, it's probably just
that the few (two?) people who know the answer aren't keeping up with the
list.  But, just for the sake of conversation:

I've run into a problem with a car that I built with ODE, where when it
gets beyond a certain speed, the wheels start to oscillate.  They bounce
around, translating erratically within their plane of rotation.  I've been
wondering if the 'finite rotation' stuff would help with this, but I
haven't looked into it yet.

--

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA