[ODE] new to the list

Nate W coding at natew.com
Sat May 11 13:13:02 2002

On Sat, 11 May 2002, Bart van den Broek wrote:

> Hi I am new to the mailing list.
> I plan to do something similar to what Karl Simms did some years ago.
> (check out: http://genarts.com/karl/evolved-virtual-creatures.html ).

Cool stuff.  I've seen a couple projects with evolving behaviors, but
never with evolving the physical structure... that's really neat.

Also, have you seen this?  These people were just evolving the behaviors,
but it's still kind of interesting:
http://ls11-www.informatik.uni-dortmund.de/~sigel/seiten/einleitung_en.html

> I would like to have a hinge2 with joint limits on axis 2 as well.
> Also i wonder if i can achieve this with a ball socket joint and some
> motors & limits.

If you want the full hinge-2 functionality, you'd need a slider as well as
a ball and socket.  I suspect that ball-and-socket, plus motors, will do
what you really want.  Or you can use a set of hinges - so far that
approach has worked well for me.

--

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA