[ODE] problem with 'make configure'

drreagan drreagan at Princeton.EDU
Tue Mar 26 17:05:02 2002

Hi

I'm trying to create the ODE config.h configuration file in Windows 2000
using msvc.  I'm using the windows version of make.exe that is linked to
in the Open Dynamics Engine v0.035 Pre-release User Guide. I'm following
the installation directions to the letter, however when i type 'make
configure' at the command line, i get the following error message(s):

"C:\ode\ode-0.03>make configure
cl /nologo /DWIN32 /DMSVC /DdDOUBLE /DdNODEBUG /Feconfigurator.exe
configurator.c
process_begin: CreateProcess((null), cl /nologo /DWIN32 /DMSVC /DdDOUBLE
/DdNODE
BUG /Feconfigurator.exe configurator.c, ...) failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
make: *** [configurator.exe] Error 2
"
I'm a relative neophyte when it comes to using others code (and to
coding in general) so this is probably (hopefully?) a relatively easy
fix.

Thanks in advance
Dustin Reagan