[ODE] physical significance of high mu values?

Russ Smith russ at q12.org
Fri Mar 1 12:12:01 2002

> I always through friction
> coefficients are supposed to be between 0 and 1.

no - mu is between 1 and infinity. your value of 250
means that the friction normal force must be at least
250 times the contact normal force that supports the
object for the contact to slide. in other words it's
extremely sticky. setting mu=dInfinity will probably
have the same result, and will be computationally
a bit cheaper for the LCP solver.

russ.

--
Russ Smith