[ODE] First Impressions

Clay Larabie falagard at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 30 22:47:01 2002

My name is Clay Larabie, aka Falagard.

Going to be playing around with ODE, trying to integrate it with a
middleware 3d game engine called Auran Jet.

I'm using Visual C++ and have had mixed results trying to compile ODE. I
wasn't able to get 'make' to work, so I created added all the source files
to a project from Visual C++ and got it to compile, was able to play with
the examples, etc. I wasn't able to compile the trilist collider code with
0.03, so I downloaded the latest CVS code and dropped that in with my 0.03
files, even though it may be only working with 0.035. After some tweaking, I
got the trilist collider to compile. When I ran the trilist test example
though, the trilist collision detection is not working. Spheres and boxes
are passing right through the trilist object.

I'm not able to get 0.035 to compile at all. Got some errors I haven't yet
been able to figure out.

g:\downloads\ode\ode\src\geom.cpp(1289) : error C2501: 'SHAREDLIBEXPORT' :
missing storage-class or type specifiers

Does anyone have this working in Visual C++?

Thanks for any help

Clay Larabie