[ODE] Expieranced ODE User

Martin C. Martin martin at metahuman.org
Fri Jun 7 06:21:02 2002

> Im looking for someone with expierance with ODE to help port into a
> game engine we are
> using to create a story driven car racing game.

You realize ODE is distributed under the LGPL right?  And that means you
need to provide the source to the lib, and a way for anyone who hacks it
to link their changes into the game?  So people will be able to reduce
gravity, change friction, or even completely replace the physics engine
if they want?  If so, that'll be a lot of fun.  :)

Does the company providing the funding know that?  Does the deal you're
about to sign allow that?

Note: I'm not a lawyer, but that's my understanding of the LGPL.  I
suggest you show both the deal you're signing and ODE's LICENSE.TXT file
to your lawyer.

Thought you'd want to know now rather than later,
Martin