[ODE] Wheels bending ;-)

Filipe Dias Filipe Dias" <filipe.dias at mind.pt
Tue Jun 4 08:26:02 2002

Ok, I have to admit I havenīt yet really dug into the use of ODE (lack of time,
no spare time, no time extension, and smashed my car (the real one))... but, I
can suggest something I would try in that case. I would try to bypass the
mystery part, and do it my own way: instead of letting ODE solve the angle of
the weels, I would impose one. I would probably have four joints of rotation
over a single axis, and each time a simulation step is taken, I would readjust
the angle to have the disired value.

Hey, this isn't the solution to the problem, and it has disadvantages... This is
only a shortcut to see something working..

This way there is no interference from the wheelspin in the speed you turn the
steeringwheel.. there may be outher aspacts, but discard them for my needs...
See if this works, or if it is adequate to do (as I mentioned before, I haven't
learned ODE enough) I don't rememer if there is drawback in starting a new
simulation with some values of the previous one but with a new angl value...

Fil.