[ODE] strange AMotor user mode behavior

Tim Schmidt tisch at uni-paderborn.de
Mon Jul 22 19:15:02 2002

Hi!

I have just come across some strange behavior of an AMotor in user mode.

All perpendicular axes are anchored to the first body.
Everythings works fine when the bodies are in their initial positions.
Thus setting the velocity of axis 0 results in the correct rotation
along axis 0 (and so for the other axes).
When I turn the first body 90 degrees the axes should turn by the same
amount. Is this right?
But in fact the rotations behave as if the axes are anchored to the
global frame, whatever the orientation of the first body looks like.

Can anybody imagine what my mistake is or is it a real bug?

By the way, setting the lo- and histops of a so constructed joint does
not have any effect in my simulation ... but that might be a different
problem.

Bye
     Tim